Sunday, May 21, 2006

peek-a-boo

Hi there!  Miss me?  I hate dial-up so much, I couldn't stand to really be on here, but here I am.  They're telling me the DSL's going to be turned on tomorrow, but who knows.  Cross your fingers...lol.  Another reason I haven't been on is because we were all sick with whatever was going around...cold, flu, just all around yuckiness.  AND...I--oops--we've been doing some yardwork.  During this, we found a stone sidewalk under loads of dirt, spanning the whole back of the house...what a surprise that was.  I'll have a pic of that, once I get it uploaded.

I finally accessed my e-mail...I had over 700 messages in there.  That's what happens after not reading for about 3 weeks.  Once again, I deleted them all.  So if you don't see comments from me on certain things, don't be mad...I just haven't been reading...sorry.  I promise I won't let it happen again.  Damn, I hate dial-up.

Oh yeah--we rented all the apartments out...to people like us..lol.  They're making demands for things to get done in the house.  And the landlord doesn't like it at all...it's costing him lots of money.  HAHAHAHAHA...about damn time the house gets fixed.  Carpets have been replaced, walls painted, floors fixed, screens installed.  Electricians, plumbers, roofers, and pest control called.  All at his expense.  As we say, that's what it means to own a house.  All the more reason for us not to buy one.  Hee hee hee.

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. I hate dial up too, ganna get something better soon.
    Take care hope you feel better soon
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 700 emails, LOL.

    Krissy at Hope Lodge
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been missing you....so much!  Glad to hear everything is okay.  Now stop that...you are one of my favorite journals to read!!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't that fun finding an underground sidewalk???

    Duh . . .  sure, people want stuff to work and it costs $$$ and there's nothing YOU can do about it.  You aren't supposed to sit there and have them scream at YOU.

    Some people are just too greedy . . .  they want to sit on the couch and collect rent . . . .  when things aren't RIGHT.  Can you say, "SLUM LORD"?!?

    Cudos to you for taking pride in the place!

    Cyn

    http://journals.aol.com/ccancu/CEEGEEATLARGE

    ReplyDelete