Wednesday, April 16, 2008

random thoughts...

Last night I was bored at work...and wrote down what was going through my mind at the time...mainly one big rant...lol.

"I hate these calls--they suck.  Next time give me the whole damn name or the right f*cking city.  People are a**holes.  Good thing I'm getting an extended vacation in 12 working days.  No wait--11 more days of work!  It seriously can't go by fast enough...I'm getting tired of these calls.  Tired of old ladies yelling at me, then telling me their life story.  Stupid people.  People calling to find out which post office is open.  Dumb people who don't have a clue as to what they're looking for.  Stupid people who swear 411 knows why the number they dial isn't working.  Drunk people trying to find out where their damn car was towed to."

Like I said, I was ranting.  You can tell it was last night because of the post office thing--literally every other call was for the post office--they don't post the hours in directory (just like in the phone book) and usually the only number we have is the toll free one...lol.  And I constantly get people asking me what's wrong with a phone number--that's something the operator does (I think, anyway).  And I did get a call last night asking which tow company the police use...and she sounded like she was drunk and looking for her car.

The next two weeks can't go by fast enough.  My last day is April 30, if not sooner.  I did get made a permanent employee, but it's a little bittersweet--meaning I still have to make the 45 minute drive to work everyday.  And usually not getting home until about midnight or later.  I dunno--maybe it's just me, but I can't stand it there.  I'm miserable there.  Maybe I'll transfer out of there when I come back from maternity leave...after all--I can, now that I'm a permanent employee.  Maybe we'll move somewhere else in general...we'll see.

til next time...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment