Tuesday, July 17, 2007

curl up and dye


    Damn...you guys are good.  She didn't wear that shirt to school--they're in uniforms.  You all guessed right--it was the hair that got her booted from school on the last day.  Well, on her last day, anyway--they had to go in for a 1/2 hour the next day to get their report cards, and they weren't going anyway.  And the day they sent her home was ice cream day too!  The principal called me at 8:45am--they start school around 8:30.  Told me either I pick her up, or she'll sit in the office all day.  When I mentioned that it was her last day, the principal said it didn't matter--if one child has different color hair, all 650 other kids in the school would want it too...WTF?  Anyway, I was at work when they called me to come and get her...duh--can't leave!  And Joey was still working that day too.  So I called one of my neighbors to go and get her. 

    When I went on my looooooooong lunch, I picked her up and took her for ice cream...at Carvel.  It happened to be buy-one-sundae-get-one-free day!  That's better than the little ice cream truck they have come to the school, if you ask me.  And while she was at my neighbor's house, she was surfing the web.  So, all in all, she had a better day out of school than she would have if she was there.  Yeah, they had a class party, but she had YouTube!  lol.

    So that's the story behind the suspension...I'm still laughing about it.  Still haven't got her report card either.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so what you are saying is, kids aren't allowed to dye their hair?  One of my sister's kids dyed his hair blue.  Oops, I forgot, you are in a different state, LOL.

    Krissy :)
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete