Monday, December 29, 2008

christmas

It went well, actually. On Christmas Eve, the kids got to open their presents from me and Joey. They all received an outfit, then Dude got a mp3 player, and Bum got a cell phone. We still had some shopping to do...we were doing that until almost 6pm--when all the stores closed...it was nuts! The kids had yet to see Santa, so we went to the mall, but by the time we got there he was gone. Luckily one of the ladies working the Santa photo booth took their letters and said she'd give it to him right away. *wink wink*

We decided to go to Mom's house for dinner, despite the fact that we knew Ass would be there, among other family members we would like to see fall off the face of the earth don't like to associate with. It was funny...we got there early and immediately headed for the dining room. When the unmentionables showed up, they stayed in the living room until we left. In fact, after we loaded our gifts into the car, we went back in the house--that's when they ventured into the dining room to eat...lol. That was the highlight of my day...well, that and seeing the kids' faces in the morning...and when the kids said the gifts we got them were better than what Santa got them...lmao. Would that mean we outdid ourselves?!? LOL.

The downside of the day was that I had to work. I had a late shift (as I always do), so it wasn't so bad....just people mostly looking for movie times, liquor stores (aren't they closed on the holiday?), and relatives they KNOW are in the phonebook (they weren't). At one point I wanted to pull out my hair, tie it around my neck and choke myself with it. Yay.

So how was your Christmas?

til next time...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment