Tuesday, December 9, 2008

my arm was twisted.

Fine. I got a comment from someone (you know who you are...lol) to update. Dammit. I haven't updated in so long...only because I haven't really had time to. Not like there's nothing to write about...duh. Let's see...I...

--got a second job...
--did 2 birthday parties, including a sleepover (you think I would've learned from the 1st one)
--did Turkey Day at home...that's an entry in itself--both the day and the reason we stayed home
--didn't transfer my private blog from AOL, so everything will be out in the open now.

Let me start by saying I have been reading, just not commenting...I'm officially a lurker these days. I've been totally busy, with both jobs, the kids, and sleeping. Actually, the only reason I'm on here tonight is because it's my day off...from one job, anyway.

What's the new job, you ask? I'm a crossing guard at the school. It's not an easy job to come by, but this one pretty much fell into my lap. The person who was doing it got a new job...she knew me, knew I was available, and she needed me to do it for her the very next day. Of course I said yes...who the hell would turn down a $20 per hour job?!? I mean, it's only an hour a day total, and it totally works with my schedule at Verizon. Yeah, I'm still there too, driving 40 miles round trip each day...for 13 bucks an hour plus fully paid benefits, can't stop doing that one either. The only downside of the crossing guard job is the weather...standing out there in the cold and rain and snow...it sucks. In fact, the first day I did it, it was awful--cold, wind, and a rain/snow mix. But it's okay...I like seeing the kids in the morning--their smiles make it SO worth it.

Hmmm...what was next--oh yeah, the birthday parties. Acutally, they both went pretty good. We downsized this year, due to the fact that we're broke..lol. Bum had a few friends over, along with the family...all went well with that. Dude had his video game slumber party--meaning we moved his Wii out into the living room, so he and his friends could play on the big screen. That went better than expected, since her sleepover two years ago wasn't pretty.

Speaking of the monsters children, they're doing awesome. Both Bum and Dude are doing well in school, and still driving me nuts...when I see them, anyway. Brayden (still haven't come up with a permanent pseudoname for him yet) is getting big...he goes to the doc tomorrow. He's got two teeth already...and he bites like a son-of-a-bitch (wait, that makes me a bitch...okay cool). I gotta get some new pics of them...I'll put them up on the other blog.

As for the transfer, you can see that I didn't have a problem with that. I didn't transfer the unknown private blog only because I didn't see the need for it. This boring blog is for everything--however good, bad, or ugly it can be. But it's all me. Don't like it? There's a little "X" in the top right-hand corner. Anyhoo...

So there. You-know-who twisted my arm and made me post. I feel better now.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Can't imagine who did that! :D

    I am happy for you, second jobs usually suck but that's one I wouldn't mind doing. : D Yay for two baby teeth!

    I feel you on the lurker thing, I'm sure when I'm back to work I'll be a full time lurker again. : (

    B

    ReplyDelete