Saturday, August 13, 2005

neighborly love

Since I haven't written in a few days, including my day off (but I left an audio entry in my other journal), this is gonna be a little long.  I'll start off by telling you about last night.  Did I tell you about the girl downstairs from us, and the music she likes to play?  Now that I looked, I didn't.  I'm surprised, since she's been blasting her stereo since day two of us being here.  We told her about it the first day; she said she didn't know anyone was living upstairs.  Okay, we thought--now she knows we're here, and she won't do it again...WRONG.  Two days later, she does it again.  Now it's the middle of the afternoon, but it's loud enough that we can't watch TV without turning it up.  If I knew Spanish, I would be able to translate it, since I could hear the words.  Anyway, we really can't do anything about it, except call the landlord and have him do something.  If either me or Joey went down there, we would've ended up either popping her in the head or smashing her huge subwoofers into a few hundred pieces...either way going to jail.  Thanks anyway.

So that day, I called the owner from work (no long distance on the home phone, take advantage of my employer) to tell him about it.  He said he call her about it, and I left it at that.  Needless to say, she did it again a few days later...and again, and again.  I called the owner again, and he said he would come down to talk to her.  He lives 1 1/2 hours away and runs a business, so he has to plan coming here for the morning or whatever.  That was LAST week.  Still no sign of him.

That brings me up to yesterday, or should I say last night.  Around 11pm, she came home (I guess) and started with the music again.  Now around here, loud stuff after 11 isn't tolerated, and cops will come if called.  Captain Obvious doesn't need to tell you what happened next...actually, I did it twice--once at 11, and again at 1am.  It was like she was waiting for them to come; when they would pull up, she'd turn it down, when they left, it would go back up.  She kept it going until after 2am...maybe a little longer--I fell asleep listening to a rain CD as loud as it can go on my walkman.  Girl's actually lucky the kids are heavy sleepers (a little too heavy if you ask me)...if they woke up from her music, look the f*** out.

So at this point, we're looking to move again.  But before we do, we're trying to find out if the music thing qualifies as something that the landlord didn't fix.  That way when can get our security back, although we broke the lease.  Don't worry, we're calling a lawyer to answer the question...we don't want to take any chances.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Annie that would be a shame if you let her win and moved out.  After fixing up the place and all.  Make the landlord stop the music if at all possible.  Because the problem is his and not yours.  Make HER move out.  Maybe that is easier said than done and I am the naive one.  Well, good luck on the situation.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  2. She should be the one hwo has to move out not yall and thats the land lord's responsiblity to put a stop to that well godd luck with whatever you decide to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww hun! I hate that she is doing that and I HATE that aol and its alerts hate me!

    I don't think it's fair that she is doing that, you deserve better then some idiot playing music all late.

    Hugs
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete