Sunday, August 14, 2005

this weekend

I actually had the weekend off...and I think I made the most of it.  Yesterday, I made the drive to get my license renewed, with our car.  If you've been reading for a while, you remember when I had to get my drug test for Verizon?  Where I had to go is in the same industrial park.  Besides, the local state police barracks is the LAST place I want to take the car, since it's not inspected, not insured, etc.  That's why I put this off until the last day...I've had the form to get the pic done for two months.  Luckily for me, there's a supermarket across the street, so I parked there and walked over.  Needless to say, I made it home without getting pulled over or anything.  Phew.  And that was the highlight of yesterday.

Anyway, me and Joey were cleaning up the junk and stuff outside today (and there's LOTS of that).  Among the things we found:  loads of pincer bugs, lots of spiders, some broken glass, part of a Christmas tree stand, garland, broken shingles, and a decomposing squirrel.  Fun.

And this is what the kids did...

...turned the hill behind the house (well, actually right off our front porch) into a makeshift slide.  They did this for the better part of two hours!!!  Well, you can just imagine what they looked like when they were finished.  Bum's white shirt was either gray or black, depending where you looked.  Little Guy was worse--he had a huge hole in the butt of his pants from sliding.  Of course, as soon as they came in, the tub was calling them.  They were both black with dirt.  Bum's knees had to be scrubbed...and Little Guy's back was completely covered in dirt.

All I can say is, at least they had fun.

til next time...=)

5 comments:

  1. You got way more done then me! You go girl. Hehe

    They look like they had so much fun! I would have so been on the hill with them, I am a weirdo like that. : D

    Hugs
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids had a great time! lol. Good luck, getting them clean again.  ttfn       Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have been a great hill for sliding to keep their attention for two hours....
    Great before bath pictures!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely kids - despite the dirt. At least they enjoyed themselves.
    Sylvia
    http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks litke the kids had lots of fun!!!  And boy did they get dirty!!!

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete