Tuesday, December 5, 2006

movin' on up

Yup--it's done.  And as far as the title goes, it's literal--we had to move up steps...lol.

And that was NOT fun, especially for Joey...as of Sunday, he still had a baseball-size bruise on his wrist from the fridge.  Anyhoo...we did it all on Friday (started at 9am, stopped at 1am) and finished on Saturday morning.  Keep in mind, the move was only 1/2 block.  We had to stop halfway through, since it was raining off and on all day.  Then the thunderstorm (omg) came.  Then our saviors, Julie and Steve (the neighbors we like) came and helped us out.  Took me to get dinner for everyone too.

The only snag we hit was when I was taking the truck back to U-Haul.  Someone forgot to turn off the light in the truck, and when I went to start it, the damn battery was dead.  So Julie (told ya she was our savior!) took me down to get the car from U-Haul, followed me back to the truck, stayed there while I jumped it (GIRL POWER!), followed me back down to U-Haul, then drove me home.  A few car trips after that, and we were officially done.  This is what we think of that house now...

See those little bits of paper on the carpet?  That's our old lease--and what we think of it...lol.  Damn--I should've wiped my ass with it before I did that...lmao.  That's what I really think of it.

So that's my move.  Yay.

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you worked so hard on that place, so booya to them! Lol

    You go girl, I hope you love this new place because you deserve somewhere awesome!

    Huuuugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Annie!   Love those little strips of paper...you go girl!

    Nancy
    http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2006/12/05/yuck-yuck-yucca/1326

    ReplyDelete