Sunday, November 26, 2006

turkey day

Turkey day went ok...went to the in-laws' house.  Ate, looked at old pics of Joey (lmao), and sat and bullshit the rest of the night.  No pics, but we had some fun.  But we made sure we were home in time for Grey's Anatomy...that is some good stuff.

I don't usually go Black Friday shopping.  I learned my lesson a few years ago, when a 10-minute drive to Walmart took 2 hours. Never again--until this year.  Lowe's had a pre-lit tree on sale for $25, and we needed a tree, since the cat peed on our last one.  Got up at 4am, got up there by 5, only to find out they didn't open until 6...the flyer said 5 (we weren't the only ones who were there, so I didn't feel like an ass).  To pass the time, we went to Dunkin' and waited in line only to find out they didn't take credit cards.  Damn.  Went somewhere else and got coffee, then headed back to Lowe's, to find a small crowd was there.  When they did open, we went in, got our tree, and got the hell out of there.  We were home by 6:15.  Kicked myself in the ass, though...found out we didn't have to go up so early--by late afternoon, they still had the trees.  Dammit.  But at least we got one.  Yay.

So that was my holiday.

Btw, it looks like we're not moving today, since the carpets STILL aren't laid.  Damn.  More on this when I get the info.

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Turkey Day!

    Hopefully you get to move in soon, I can't wait!

    Huugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good holiday! Nothing wrong with a little relaxation and good conversation. And don't kick yourself too much over the tree thing: if you'd waited for the afternoon, it would have been a lock that they'd be out of them. You can catch up on the sleep now.

    Good luck with the move

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do it either, never again.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I wasn't the only one rushing coversation so I could get home in time for Grey's!! LMAO.

    I need a tree, but I didn't do that black Friday thing either, had I looked at the ads and saw what Lowes was offering . . .

    . . .

    I still wouldn't have gotten up that early. :D

    Hope you get the move going soon!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete