Friday, April 6, 2007

short lived


Well, that didn't last long...the teeth are gone.  For now, anyway.  Went back to the dentist this morning, and told him they didn't fit that good.  I mentioned I was constantly gagging on them (it's a full top plate), and they were too big (it felt like there was a load of shit in my mouth).  I told him to seriously fix them...he took them back and made a new impression.  Starting from scratch.  Which will take at least another month.  So it's back to soup for me...time to start a diet?  lol.  That's funny, since I've lost weight since I had my remaining top teeth pulled while on vacation in February.

My teeth have been a problem for me for at least the past 6 years.  It's seriously a problem, since I love to smile and laugh (and talk up a storm).  But recently, I haven't really been able to.  It's very embarrassing, being that I'm only 29 and virtually toothless (there's only 8 left)--I'm VERY self-conscious about it.  And that's why, for the most part, you don't see me have a toothy grin in pics--you can't show teeth that you don't have.  That's also why I'm glad to have the job I have--customers don't have to see me in person...I'm very friendly, and I have a nice voice (people have told me I could be a phone sex operator...lmao)...just not the looks to go with it.

Oh well...soon, I guess.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. I hope the next set feel better, Take care, MISSY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this woman who works at our local deli....when she finally (like you), got her new set of teeth, she felt exactly the same as you did.  Very disappointing.   I sure hope the next ones are better!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy that the dentist didn't take the 1st impression of your teeth correctly.  I'd kick him in the balls.  lmao  Tell him that the next set better fit & if not, he'll have to pay for them.  : )  Take care,  Susan

    ReplyDelete