Tuesday, June 27, 2006

freaky

Yet another pic I took last night...with a twist.

Here's the original...Joey showing his muscles.

After we came in, the kids wanted me to screw around with their snapshots (you know, bend them, make them change colors, etc.), so I went into Photosuite.  I changed the colors on the above pic, nothing else.  This was the result...

I have no idea what that is behind him--no one was standing there.  And like I said, I did nothing to alter the picture...just lightened it.  Weird.  Just thought I'd share my spookiness with you.

til next time...=)

6 comments:

  1. that is freaky, kinda like he is evaporating.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be Peter Pan's shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can see that same effect in the original picture as well, only much fainter. It is easily explainable. Your son was in the act of flexing when you took the picture. He was moving. I'll bet if you look, you'll find that your camera has a setting called 'slow flash' or something similar. What that setting does is take a flash photograph, but at a much slower shutter speed. That allows some things that are less brightly lit to come through in the shot. In this case, I believe your camera had probably been accidentally set to that setting. Your son moved during the slow shutter speed exposure. The sharp, bright image of him is where he was when the flash went off. The blurry part is where he was moving from (or to, depending on whether the flash fires at the beginning of the exposure, or the end).
    -Paul
    http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is creepy! Looks like your shutter speed was set too low. Neat effect!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. c r e e p y . . .

    Makes you wonder what is is the rest of your pictures.

    Have a lovely 4th of July weekend!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete