Thursday, October 12, 2006

411 adventures

Here's some actual listings either me or my co-workers have had the fun of looking up.  (And these are the ones we found...imagine the ones we didn't.)

--Kum & Go...somewhere in Iowa.  Sorry, it just sounds bad.

--Last name Begay...in Colorado.  It's pronounced like...well, use your imagination.

--Sal's Inflatable Services...in California.  The man who was looking for it said they do things with the Coast Guard.  I know--I have a dirty mind.

Ok, enough of those for now...on to some other things.  I need to write something up about the ins and outs of 411 or something.  Why?  Here's an example:

Rule #1:  We CAN hear what you say to the recording.  Whether it's the listing you're looking for, what you did last night, what new curse word you learned (and are now using to mouth off to the recording), etc., we hear most if not all of it.

Example:  What I hear from the recording--Manhattan, New York--Douchebag...me, "I'm sorry, for what listing?"...stupid ass, "Lucien, in Manhattan."...me, "Oh, I thought I heard you say something else in the recording."...*silence* lmao.

So instead of making an ass out of yourself, here's my advice. 
Just say what you're looking for.  It'll be easier for us to find it if the voice activation doesn't understand you.
Pay attention to what the recording is saying, since it will save you some precious airtime.  Your convo with *insert person here* can wait a minute.
Don't try to talk with food (or anything else) in your mouth.  Listen to your mom.  Once again, it makes our job easier, and faster for you to get on your way.

There.  I'm going to bed now.

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. LOL I love it! These were sooo freak=N funny!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew you heard what was being said to the recording...though it makes perfect sense.  OY.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the K&G web site:

    In 1959 in Hampton, Iowa, company founders W. A. Krause and Anthony Gentle used the first letters of their last names to create a unique moniker to showcase the ease and convenience they instilled in a shopping experience. Thus Kum and Go was born. Since then the convenience store chain has grown to more than 445 stores in 13 states (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Colorado, Arkansas, Wyoming and Wisconsin).

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, oh great. Now you've got me going through my head trying to remember all the dumb things I might have done while connected to 411.

    I never did ask for the number to 911, though.

    Jimmy
    www.stupidsheet.com

    ReplyDelete