Monday, October 9, 2006

irony sucks

Why?  Because it does.  How do I know?  Let me tell ya....

The other day, Joey told me he had an interview at Mohegan Sun today at 6pm (it's about a 20 min. drive from here).  I couldn't get it off, since we manditorily (is that a word?) have Sundays off, and I had already requested Saturday for Dude's (little Joey) party.  So I told him I would sign for e-time* for today.  So the other day, I did, and I was at the top of the list.  Cool.  This morning, I got a call from work saying they had from 11:00 to 5:15 to give me (I work 11-7), so I took it, in hopes that they would call me later in the day to let me know I got the rest.  No call came.  So I called them, and they said that I had to be there.  Damn.  I am not a happy camper.  I felt so bad about it.  So I go into work at 5:15, and an hour later (actually 6:30), they tell me I can go home for the day.  How ironic.  The only reason I signed the e-time sheet was so I could possibly get the last 2 hours of my shift off.  I get everything but.  Joey actually took it well, thinking that he just wasn't meant to get that job.  DAMN.

*e-time--I work in directory assistance (this might apply to any customer service, too--I dunno).  There's this thing called "Force", who determines how many people are needed online (taking calls) during each 15-minute interval of the day.  If there are too many people scheduled for said interval, they take people off.  That's what e-time is.  People sign up for this, in hopes to come in late, go home early, or just get a extra break or two during the day.  It works like first come, first serve...if you have the right schedule, that is.  Example--if "Person A" is working 9-5 and is number one on the list and wants to go home, but there's e-time only until 4:45, that person not going anywhere.  But if "Person B" is waaaaaaay down on the list, but fits the chunk of e-time they have to offer, they'll give it to them instead.  Do you get it?  I'm glad I confused you.

til next time...=)

2 comments: