Saturday, January 13, 2007

411 junk

I was debating on whether I was going to do this.  But I've been collecting them since...Christmas Eve.  There's a lot here.  I've weeded through them, and I'm posting the best of the best--I think...lol.  Here goes...

Sweet Meat Stix
Lil' Suckers Children's Apparrel
Baby Janie's Dirt Snatchers
Ebbets Pass Gas Service
Rich Moneymaker, Attorney at Law
Heart Attack Grill
Couch Potatoes Only

Knots Landing...and NUTS Landing (what the caller was actually looking for)...both in Encino.

Stupid's Pizza Pub (saw this one and immediately thought of Jimmy)

Some quotes:

Said by Paula, one of my co-workers (on Christmas Eve): "These people are just incredibly STUPID.  I'm not asking for Einsteins, just people with an IQ higher than a CEREAL BOX!"

A call I had, also on Christmas Eve:
Caller:  Can you tell me what bank I use?
Me:  I'm sorry, but this is 411--I can't help you.
Caller:  Well, can you tell me who can?
(Lay off the booze, dude.)

Another ridiculous interaction (and this happens all the time):
Operator:  Is this a residence or business?
Caller:  Oh no, it's a restaurant.

Which leads me to yet another rule for 411:  Businesses are pretty much anything except homes.  This includes restaurants, doctors' offices, hospitals, churches, grocery stores, etc.  Anything that makes money, with the exception of the government.

Well, that's that...

til next time...=)

1 comment: