Sunday, January 28, 2007

waiting game

This is killing me.  I want so much to do it, and I can't.  The means are there, but I can't get them.  I can look, but I can't touch.  Until tomorrow, that is...then I go nuts, and you might not see me here for a few days.

But in the meantime, I'll show you what I made the other day...pumpkin muffins and chocolate chip cookies!

They were goooood.  For the muffins, all I did was take a pumpkin bread batter and put it into cupcake cups.  Put a little butter on them, let it melt, and mmmm.  I was going to make cupcakes too, but I ran out of cups.  Damn.  Next time, I guess.

Last night was the embarrassing moment for the year for Joey and I.  We went out to eat, and when I went to pay for it, the waitress came back and told me the credit card was declined.  I know the money was there, and I didn't have any cash on me--if I did, I wouldn't be using the card in the first place...duh.  I actually had to call my father-in-law to get the money...and had to drive to his house to get it--and leave Joey at the restaurant in the process...lol.  He said he's never going back there again...I felt like such an idiot.

Anyway, back to the original subject...I can't wait--to go SHOPPING!  I got my W-2s Friday, went to Jackson Hewitt (who was waiting for me), and yesterday I got my check.  Let's just say the amount is nice, and we're buying all new stuff for the house with it.  The only problem is that we have to wait until tomorrow for the majority of it to clear, since I deposited it on Saturday.  Then we get to go on a mad shopping spree. WOOHOO!!!

One more thing...did everyone stop reading, or did everyone become like me--a lurker?  Just curious...lol.

til next time...=)

5 comments:

  1. I'm still here!!   And YOU stop lurking!  lol
    congrats on the money....

    Nancy
    PS.  Please send cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your making me HUNGRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those look awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still here, but I guess I am lurking, Damn thos muffins look good, I gotta stop coming to your journal buzzed, lol, I always get the munchies,

    have  a great night, MISSY

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that is just mean!  those cookies look....YUMMMY!  do i ever put food like that into my journal huh? do I? ...oh yeah i forgot i do! LOL  never mind......xox Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!  Those look delicious!  Have fun shopping!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete