Saturday, January 20, 2007

this and that

Nada going on here in KKWorld.  Just your typical boring week, with a few exceptions.  I'm off for the weekend, and it's f-f-f-r-e-e-e-zing.  As you can see from the WeatherPixie on my sidebar, it's f&*#ing cold, and the wind makes it feel worse.  So no outside for Bum.  Got our first real snowfall last night, but nothing measurable...so the record's still going...lol.

Speaking of Bum,  you'll never guess what she did...okay, I'll tell you.  She stuck herself with one of her Epi-Pens the other day.  Heard about it when I came home on my split (more about that in a sec)...Bum had stayed home on Tuesday (she didn't feel too good), and Joey was cleaning (like he normally would be).  Next thing you know, she's yelling for him, telling him she can't breathe.  She turned white as a ghost, her throat was closing, and her arm was turning all sorts of red (she pricked herself in the thumb).  So he calmly picked up the phone and called 911.  They sent an ambulance, who checked her out, and said she'd be okay...just that her thumb would be sore.  They also told him that the reaction she had from the Epi-Pen was just like what she'd have during an actual allergic reaction.  In short, that was a learning experience...

About the split thingy...I decided to change my tour preference to split shifts last week.  Meaning I'll work half a day, have a 3 1/2 hour lunch, then go back and finish the day later.  Why?  Well, that way I can pick the kids up from school, and pick him up from work (he can get a job this way).  I'll start at 9am (after taking the kids to school), work til 12:30 or 1pm, come home, then go back around 4 and work til 8pm.  Not bad.

Other than that, not much going on.  Just waiting on my W-2s.  Then the fun begins...

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. I know it  sucks. We just got dumped on again.............
    I cant wait till Spring..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that picture just gave me the shivers...yeah the Winter is rediscovering the East coast I guess.

    Glad that situation with Bum wasn't more serious. What a freaky thing to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my W2's yesterday. Luck me. :-/

    Keep warm!!!

    Amanda
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete