Saturday, September 3, 2005

katrina assignment

Weekend Assignment #75: Write a note to those who are suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Take a picture of yourself and the note. Post it online where everyone can see. Write on a whiteboard, a piece of paper, a notepad, whatever.

I haven't written anything on Katrina, only because I can't put what I'm feeling into words.  The devastation, the loss of life, the chaos, the feeling of not knowing what's going to happen tomorrow...it's heartbreaking.  I'm happy I don't live there, but I would gladly take their place if it meant that someone wouldn't have to go through that.  My prayers are definitely with anyone who is dealing with this crisis, and I'm going to try and do anything I can to help.

ps...John--you can definitely use this in your collection.

til next time...=)

Update:  Front page on AOL Journals!?!  I'm speechless.

7 comments:

  1. I love your sign and your flag.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how closely you follow sports, but you should send a copy of that picture to Teddy Bruschi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when kids can help with the weekend assignnment?  http://journals.aol.com/mosie1944/MYCOUNTRYLIFE/entries/1086

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANNIE!!! On the front aol page!!!

    WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    I love this pic btw. I have still been reading, but with that new job I am BEAT. :(

    Hugs
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm Tina aka MamaGoose715,
    How wonderful you are! I came to your journal through the front page of AOL.
    I love your journal!!! I am just beginning to journal and sometimes I am stumped as to what I want to put in it. I noticed that you have "assignments". I was wondering if you could direct me to the group or place that gives them. I would like to participate if possible.
    If you can help me with this, please email me at MamaGoose715@aol.com
    Again, I really enjoyed your journal and will be stopping by again :o)
    huggs and blessings,
    Tina C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't have said it, put it or otherwise wrote it any better than what is being said here.  However, I have lived it, through my heart. my experiences and so forth.  Through my faith, my heart goes out, UNCONDITIONALLY for those who are in need.  Remain true to who you are and the victims of hurt and disaster will prevail through the help of those who take kindly in their spirit of mankind.

    Love to all,
    MAC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel bad for want had happen 2 you and your kids i am try 2 help all of use who are struggling for this hurricane (kathrina) .I hope u get more help by many ather people. Take care and hope u find a good place 2 live and stuff 2 eat.By {XIOMI108}

    ReplyDelete