Saturday, September 24, 2005

what do you mean i can't bring the house?

Weekend Assignment #78: You are preparing to evacuate your house due to an upcoming threat. You have already packed up all your essential items, people and pets. You have room for three non-essential items. What are they?

Remember, you already have your essentials: food, medicines, water, clothes, and all the people (including the furry ones) who live with you. "Non-essentials" are things you don't need but would like to have, and can include momentos, books, jewelry, objects of sentimental value, and so on and so forth.

Extra Credit: Have you ever been evacuated?

1.  My Snuggle bear--I think that's the most sentimental thing I own.  I'd throw it in the bag with the afghan my mom made me, so wouldn't that count as one thing?  You'd only have to carry one thing...

2.  A box full of photo albums.  I'd throw the picture CD in there too.

3.  The Gamecube and games.  Little Guy would go nuts without it.

For the extra credit, I've never been evacuated from anywhere.  Where I live, nothing like that happens.  The most we get is some snow.

til next time...=)

PS--One of my journal buddies, Brandi from Something New, is going to be affected by this thing called a hurricane...she lives in Port Arthur, TX.  As far as I know, she got out before the storm hit, but hopefully she'll have a home to go back to...drop her a line to let her know we're pulling for her. =D 

2 comments:

  1. great answer and she will be ok maybe this storm will pass texas over

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you throw Snuggle Bear in the dryer, your clothes come out fresh and static-free.

    ReplyDelete