Wednesday, September 14, 2005

the wedding day

Well, I'll try to make this one short and sweet.  Joey's brother got married this past Saturday...something we never saw coming.  He's one of those guys that doesn't (or at least didn't) like to commit to one person.  Anyway, the ceremony was small and intimate.  Later in the afternoon, the reception was cool...the kids had fun, and so did everyone else.  There was an open bar, and Joey's other brother (the opinionated one) was bartending.  That was fun--the whole night he kept making drinks for me, since he knew I wasn't driving home.  And as mentioned in the earlier entry, I did get drunk...something I haven't done in over 3 years.  So you know I was taking advantage of that.

When we got home, we sat and watched some TV.  About an hour later, we got a phone call from his mom saying the best man had passed away.  What happened was, the bride and groom had drove him home, sat with him for a while, then left when he said he was going to bed.  They tried to call his house when they got home, but no answer.  So bride and groom drove back to best man's house, and found him on the basement floor.  We guess he was going down there to fix a pipe, but was so drunk, that he fell and sustained fatal injuries.  Everyone feels bad--the bride and groom, the bartender, etc.  No one knew something like this was going to happen.  I dunno.

So that's the wedding day.

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. Don't even know what to say.........Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! That is HORRIBLE!!! What a way to muddle the memories of someone's wedding day, which is soooo not the point I know, but still. Poor guy!!  When I think of all of times I fell down the stairs drunk, sheesh.  I guess you never know when your number is up.
    ~*-Serial-*~

    ReplyDelete