Friday, September 30, 2005

a little stressed out

Let me tell you, I am not happy right now.  The predicament we're in just flat out sucks.  Like I said a few entries back, Little Guy's b'day is coming up...next Saturday, to be exact.  We're considering having it at Chuck E. Cheese--not too bad pricewise, since there's only 10 kids in his class.  Of course, like with everything else in my life, there's a catch.  Three catches, actually. 

First off, the car's still at the garage.  They couldn't figure out what was wrong with it...but they went and changed the hoses, thermostat, etc...you know, the "cheap stuff".  It's done, but I don't have the $180 to pay for it.  Second, once the car is back in our possession, we have to drive it to Chuck E. Cheese, which is out of the city.  That I'm not too worried about, but still. 

Last but not least, at this point, I don't have Saturday off.  I requested it off weeks ago, but no go.  I'm trying to get someone to switch with me, but who knows.  I can't just call off because if I do, I won't have a job (I'm on a 6-month probation period, and that's up on October 11th.  After Bum's incident, I went in late.  They counted that against me, and said if I'm more than 5 minutes late until said probation is up, I'm canned.).  GRRRRRRR. 

Why can't something go right for me once?  Can't someone just accidently leave $10,000 on my doorstep?  Or keys to a new car?  Oh well, I guess I can dream.

til next time...=)

ps--Krissy, the thing with the bus is that around here they don't go very far (like where the jobs are)...and the schedules suck.

2 comments:

  1. What a shame that you can't get a Saturday off for your own son's bday!  I really hope somebody trades days with you.  And that also rots about the bus system.  We have a really good one here.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry everything will work out sooner or later goodluck

    ReplyDelete