Saturday, September 24, 2005

well, at least i'm getting some exercise

The car is really starting to piss me off.  That and this is not the time I can afford to put it in the shop.  But that's exactly what I ended up doing yesterday, after putting it off all week.  Last week on the way to Bum's party, I noticed the temperature gauge shooting up.  Way up.  Joey noticed me looking at it, and wasn't happy.  When we got to the hotel, he saw the antifreeze on the ground under the piece of shit.  Dammit.

So now I've had to walk home from work this past week, but it's a nice walk.  It's quiet (11pm usually is), and it's not really strenuous...the only real hill is a block away from the house.  Who knows how long I'm going to have to do this...I have really no idea how I'm going to pay for it to get fixed, especially if it's not something minor.  And with Little Guy's party coming up, that makes it even harder.  Who knows.

What sucks even more is in order for Joey to get a job, the car has to be fixed.  But with him not working, it's not easy to pay for it to get fixed.  It's like a catch-22.  As far as him working on it, that's out of the question.  He can do basic things, like oil changes, but when it comes to stuff like that, forget it.  He's a chef, not a mechanic.  Oh well.

til next time...=)

ps...Like the new font?  I have John over at By The Way to thank for showing me how to change it.  Thanks!! =)

4 comments:

  1. sorry about the car hope it gets fixed soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Joey could ride the bus to work, or get a ride with somebody and pay gas money.  Where there is a will there is a way.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I hate predicaments like that.  I find myself in them quite a bit.  I'm lucky tho, and I always have my dad to borrow a couple of dollars from if I'm in a pinch.  As for kid's birthday parties they can be expensive.  I dont know how old the little guy is going to be, but kids are usually happy with the presents and dont really care so much about the other stuff.  I think us mom's are more obsessed with that.  Maybe u guys can make up your own banners and stuff, or better yet, have that as an activity that all the kids can do at the party?  I don't know, just an idea.  Make your own cake, that saves a lot of money.  And opt for regular paper plates rather than the fancy 5$ for 8 plates packages.  And all that junk you always have to put in the little bags for the kids to take home, ya know the ones, where you find it all over  your house after they leave?? (LOL) I don't think anyone would mind if they werent there. I dont know, just a few money saving suggestion.  Im sure you can cut some other corners too, if you end up having to, depending on how you usually set things up.  I myself am a little worried about my daughters birthday since I'm going to have a brand new baby a week or two before that and it also falls on Thanksgiving.  I know I wont be up for a party, but I dont think skipping it would do great things for the jeaolous of the sibling thing I'm going to be trying to avoid!  Good Luck!  
    ~*-Serial-*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found myself in a similar predicament recently. My relatively new car broke down with a really complicated fault, so in the meantime I'm walking the children to school. I'm on 9 miles a day (in 3 chunks!!) - It's the best exercise I've ever found and I might even stick with it! But I'll probably think diferently when the wind and rain starts! lol
    Tilly
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

    ReplyDelete