Sunday, September 24, 2006

whew

I know--the burning question of the day is, "how did it go?"  Fairly well, despite some unseen things.  Lemme tell you...

All the above things are what I bought for it--t-shirts, fabric paint, popsicle sticks (for pic frames), beads, glitter glue, and buttons.

This is the end result:

(Inside is a pic I took of them while they were here.)

And...

(They couldn't take them home yet--they're not dry.)

Now the details.  I had to run back to AC Moore right after work (the party started at 7, and I got out of work at 7...lol) because I was short on t-shirts.  I could've swore the car suddenly had wings, because what would normally take at least 45 minutes to an hour to do (between travelling and purchasing), this time it was 25.  When I got home, it was nuts, with the five girls, Joey, Dude, my in-laws, and the neighbors (one of which the girls were totally gawking over--"he's soooo hot"..lmao).  As soon as I walked in the door, I ordered food.  Food was inhaled, then I took the in-laws and Dude back to their house.

Then the real fun began...the girls made their frames and shirts.  Then they watched some movies and screamed and giggled...a couple (including Bum) until TWO IN THE MORNING.  I didn't get to bed until 3am.  But before that, I had one hell of a time getting the pic for the frame.  First, it was hard for them all to sit still for more than two seconds.  Then, when I finally did get the shot, I went to the Walgreens website to have the prints made...only for it to tell me it was not available at my local one...DAMMIT.  So at 1:30am, I go down to said Walgreens, only for them to tell me the same damn thing...their equipment is down until Monday.  DAMMIT AGAIN.  So I go back home and upload them to WalMart.  Got them this morning.  Yay.

All went well this morning, too.  They all had breakfast...french toast and pancakes.  One girl had to leave early for church, and after she left, they were the perfect little angels.  Go figure...lol.  But now they're gone...*sob* 

Fun was had by all, but NEVER again.  If I ever mention the words "slumber party" and "my house" in the same sentence, slap me.  Hard.

til next time...=)

5 comments:

  1. wow what a night, I have a couple of these nights coming up soon.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, usually I like to comply, but I can't go along with your request about the slap, because otherwise I will be getting a few slaps myself. Everytime one of these "slumber parties" happens, I make the same vow. It's going on about 8 years now...

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. live and learn LOL  Great job!!!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are the best mom!  Sounds like they had a great time!  I love the frames and the t-shirts.  Looks like one of the girls made mud on hers though, LOL.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Jesus! I love the shirts, love love love!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKidnaLivin

    ReplyDelete