Friday, March 2, 2007

baby you can have my car

Weekend Assignment #154: Your Car or Your Computer: You must pick only one. Which one do you choose?

Yes! You must choose between the car -- beloved icon of American greatness and freedom -- and the computer -- the defining machine of the 21st century. If you choose the car, you do not get to touch a computer again, except for basic work-related purposes at work. If you choose the computer, no more personal wheels for you. And for those of you in a two-car family, there's none of this "oh, I'll just ride in my spouse's car" stuff: Any rides you bum have to be outside your immediate family. Similarly, no using the spouse's or kid's computers, and those of you with super-enabled cell phones will henceforth use them only for phone calls. No Web-browsing, e-mail or text messaging. See, now it's gotten harder, hasn't it?

Extra Credit: Which was more expensive: Your first car, or your most recent computer?

I would have to choose the computer.  With it, I pay my bills, upload my pictures, get more mail than I get in a physical mailbox (and no junk mail!), and I get to write in my journal, for all to see.  The car, well, I can do without it, being that I'm close to everything...a block away from a supermarket and my bank.  A block away from the kids' school.  2 blocks from the drugstore.  A Burger King, Blockbuster, and two dollar stores, all within 5 minutes walking time.  Work--about 1/2 hour walk, or I can take the bus...which its stop is 1/2 block away.  I also know I can go without a car living here, because we did it last year for 6 months, and had no real problems.  So the car can go.

The extra credit goes like this:  I paid $475 for my first car...the computer I have now was given to us...that should answer that question...lol.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. I'd feel a little confined if I didn't have my car.  Well...the computer too.  hmmmm, maybe that's why I didn't paly this one.  :)
    http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/    Tracy

    ReplyDelete