Saturday, March 10, 2007

everybody's irish today

I'm half asleep right now, but I had to write about this.  I just woke up for work (8am), and already most (if not all) the bars in downtown Scranton have been open for over an hour.  Why?  The annual St. Patrick's Day Parade, of course.  We went last year...here's the link.  There's some good pics in there.

This year, on the other hand, is a no-go.  Two reasons--too cold (40s with clouds)...not good for Bum, especially standing out there for 3+ hours.  Second reason is the one that I'm not happy about--I have to work at 11:30, which is the same time the parade starts.  It wouldn't be that much of a problem...if I didn't work SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE of the parade route.  So that's why I'm up right now--I have to leave 1 1/2 hours early for a drive that normally takes five minutes.  I'm going to be driving through crowds.  Yay.  But there's one good thing about working down there--on my break and lunch, I might be able to get some pics from the parade...if I can get close enough.  The crowds usually go 10-12 deep...that's what happens at the 3rd largest parade in the country...lol.  I just hope I get to work on time. 

(I suggested to beat the crowds, and since the bars are open at 7, me and my co-workers go drinking, then go to work...)

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get pics.  I would love to see them.  :)
    http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I hope you didn't drive too hard into the crowd! and I hope you survived!

    ReplyDelete