Sunday, March 11, 2007

drinking frenzy

Getting to work wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  City Hall told us they'd be closing the roads around 9am, but I knew better--from what I saw last year.  Just like I thought, they weren't...I left my house at 10, and the roads were still open.  I got to work with no problem, with loads of time to spare.  So I got to people watch...actually, drunk people watch...lol.  I've never seen so much foot traffic on the block I work on...maybe that's because there's an Irish bar on the corner now...hmmm.  And it was a go-between, because the parade was on both ends of the street (went up one street, came down the other), and if people missed something, they could walk down our block, and see what they missed.

This is the only pic I got:

That's because by the time my lunch came around, it was over.  The only parade I really got to see was the parade of drunk people...lmao.  Mostly college kids, but funny as hell.  Didn't get any pics because I didn't want to get jumped by a bunch of smashed people...lol.  It was still going on as I left work for the night...around 8pm.  This is the only day in Scranton that you can walk down the street with an open container of beer, and get away with it.  And I saw a lot of that...lol.  I was soooo tempted to go drinking, but I didn't have any money...damn.

Update!  115,000--that's the number of people at the parade.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it was better that you didn't gop drinking.  Somebody might have snapped a pic of you. I do like the picutre you posted.  No snow.  Ahhh.  :)
    http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

    ReplyDelete