Monday, March 27, 2006

monday morning question

In "honor" of April Fool's Day coming up this week, what was the best April Fool's joke played on you or that you played on someone else?

Actually, I answered this last year--I haven't been able to top it yet (then again, April Fool's Day isn't until Saturday...).  It was actually a weekend assignment...see the entire entry here.

"Yesterday, walking home from school, Alexis mentioned to me that she was going to play pranks on her friends for April Fools' Day. You know, little things like saying there was a bug in their hair, etc. I didn't think anything of it, since she likes to play little tricks on a usual basis. Until this morning. I was trying to get her up for school, and she wouldn't get up. Then it dawned on me...April Fools! I told her she had to get up because I won a contest, and we were going on a plane to New York City. She literally jumped out of bed. I never saw her get up so fast. I also told her that we were going to be on Regis & Kelly (one of her favorite morning shows..too bad she doesn't get to watch it that often) for a Mother's Day contest that I entered. She bought it hook, line and sinker. I kept adding details as she got ready. I didn't let her in on it until she saw her school uniform. I thought she was going to jump on me--she was furious! But at the same time, laughing. Makes me wanna do it again. HEE HEE HEE."

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. that was good! I bet she won't be fooled again. thanks for playing :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was kind of mean, lol!

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIthink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that was cruel, but so funny! lol
    Lori

    ReplyDelete