Thursday, March 30, 2006

project #2

This is part of my outside project.  I've been working on this since February.  This is part of my backyard, and it's a total mess.  It was worse before this pic was taken...

The neighbors, who were here about 12 years (more on them in the next entry), said it was much, much worse--the previous owner had junk cars where the cars in the pic are sitting, and there was a garage that just collapsed, it was so dilapidated.  It partially collapsed in the middle of the night.  It was so bad, the city had to step in and make him tear the rest of it down...made him get rid of all the cars, too.  Since then, no one has thought to clean it.  Duh...it's an eyesore--you can see it from the street, since next to our house is just an empty lot, and it's been that way for 30 years.  Wow...I see some entries coming from this.

So now we have taken on the task of cleaning up all the yucky stuff...our kids play out there, you know.  And we have to look at it.  There's picky bushes, big rocks, and loads of junk stuff in there.  When it's done, they'll have a nice place to play, including a little tree fort--you can see it behind the flag.  It's a little circle of trees, and it'll be nice once the leaves are on them.  It won't be a mess for long...I'm obsessed with making this look good.  I've done the majority of the cleaning by myself...I can't stop!!

I'm rambling, but I can go on for a while about this.  I'll save some for another entry.

By the way, I got a sunburn from being out there today.  Joy.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh..    Wasn't the weather perfect for outside chores.   Good job with the yard.    You'll enjoy it when it's all done.  

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is a lot of work you've been doing! Thanks for the picture so we can see what its like.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Annie!  

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete