Saturday, August 12, 2006

the 4th, part 2

Where did I leave off?  Oh yeah...the playground.  Ashley wanted to see the gorge, so we went on a little nature walk to show her.  I know I showed the gorge here before, but for those of you who weren't here last year, here ya go...

Then we went home and ate some more grill food.  When it got dark, we went up to Montage to see some fireworks.  Our neighbor, Steve, came with us...Joey stayed home this time.  Sorry, no firework pics this year...I did get loads of video of it though.  When I get a faster connection, I'll probably put them up then.  Like last year, the traffic was a bitch afterwards.

Luckily, I learned from that experience.  We got this huge checkerboard rug set for Christmas, and I had put it in the car earlier in the day, along with some blankets to sit on.  So we set it up and played.

We also had a frisbee, so they were playing with that in the parking lot.  We brought snacks and drinks with us too, since we knew we were going to be there for a while.  How long were we there, you ask?  Put it this way--the fireworks were over at about 9:30...we didn't leave there until about 11:55.  Got home in 10 minutes, though.  I would consider that a lesson learned...lol.

So like I said, we had a good day, considering the circumstances.

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. looks like lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo that boy with the blue shirt is hott!!!! who is he??

    ReplyDelete