Monday, August 21, 2006

flippity floppity

Alright--you twisted my arm enough--I'll give details on one of the stories...for now.  The deal with the flip flops is this--I bought a new pair of them a few weeks back, and I wore them to work.  I saw everyone else wearing them, so why not?  My manager saw them, said "nice shoes...too bad you're not supposed to wear them".  Huh?  Supposedly they're not part of the dress code at my job.  So why was everyone else allowed to, but not me?  I mentioned this to co-workers who had been there longer, and they said that a dress code was really never enforced.  I said it was bullsh*t, but someone twisted what I said, went back to the same manager and told her I said she (the manager) was bullsh*t.  WTF?  Next thing you know, I'm being lectured about the dress code, a copy of it is in all our mailboxes, and threats of write-ups are being thrown around.  A few days later, I'm told that someone called a union steward, and the dress code they're trying to now enforce doesn't even apply to us.  The union is investigating the whole thing...who knows.

What's going on with that now, you ask?  Nothing--it's like all of that drama never happened.  So that's the flip flop story.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOL

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete