Saturday, August 12, 2006

baby you can drive my car

What a way to come back...just in time for the weekend assignment!!!

Your Weekend Assignment #124: How did you learn how to drive? How many tries did it take?  What was the first car that you bought?

Extra credit:
Got a picture of that first car?

This is an eeeeeeeaaaaaassssssyyyy one.  Since no one in my family wanted to teach me how to drive, my mom paid for driving lessons.  It took me two times to get my permit, but only once to get my license.  What scared me that day was that (1) it was raining and I didn't know how to turn the wipers on, and (2) the girl who went before me hit a curb while parallel parking, and FAILED.  But, nonetheless, I did it.  My first car?  A 1979 Toyota Celica GT.  Hatchback.  Looked like a bumblebee.  Don't believe me?  Take a look.

Extra credit this week, baby.  Paid  $475 for it with my shiny new Discover card.  In other words, I never paid for it...lol.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. Nice wheels!

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, thats one butt ugly car!!! What was with the canary yellow cars in the 70's? I learned to drive in a canary yellow Pinto and then when the gas shortage happened in the late 70's my mom traded in our Pontiac Catalina for a canary yellow Pontiac Ventura hatchback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute..  What is it with the door on the driver's side?  Was it that long?!  Julie :)  

    ReplyDelete