Saturday, July 16, 2005

caffeine fix

Saw this in the coffee shop I go to while I'm at work....

Ei! wie schmeckt der Coffee süße,
Lieblicher als tausend Küsse,
Milder als Muskatenwein.
Coffee, Coffee muß ich haben,
Und wenn jemand mich will laben,
Ach, so schenkt mir Coffee ein!

Translation:

Mm! how sweet the coffee tastes,

more delicious than a thousand kisses,

mellower than muscatel wine.

Coffee, coffee I must have,

and if someone wishes to give me a treat,

ah, then pour me out some coffee!

That comes from J.S. Bach's Schweigt stille, plaudert nicht [Kaffee Kantate] (“Be quiet, do not chat” [Coffee Cantata]).  You can read the rest of it here.  It's about a girl who won't give up coffee for anything.  That's me in a nutshell.  Just thought I'd share.

til next time...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment