Wednesday, July 6, 2005

our 4th, part one

I know it's a little late for this, but for the past two days I haven't really been able to get on to write.  I almost did this last night, but my computer froze, pissed me off, and I gave up and went to bed.  So here goes...

Monday went off without a hitch...almost.  It started by me getting up at 8am and taking some chairs up to the park to save our spot.  No problem there.  However, when we got there around noon, the damn chairs were gone and someone else took our spot.  GRRRRRR.  Joey was fuming because they were his grandmom's chairs, so that wasn't a pretty sight.  We were relieved to find that the park picked them up, only because they thought the chairs were left from the night before.  So that was good...

We took back the table I got earlier, having a feeling that the other people would be back later.  Oh well--I was there first...not my fault I was there TOO early.  Then we got started with cooking.  MMMM. 

Here's the bbq chicken I had marinating since the night before...doesn't it look good???  We also had the staples...hamburgers and hot dogs.  It was all good...the kids were playing in the little playground, I was getting burned by the sun, etc.  Then the lady who claimed the table came back, and she was not happy at all that we sat there.  She started yelling and stuff, then left to get her friends or whatever, all pissed off.  Joey wanted to stay and fight with her, but I was not going to let this woman ruin my day.  So to avoid a fight, we packed up and left while she was gone.  I came here to have a good time, and dammit, I was gonna have one.

We went swimming at the pool after that--we needed something to cool us down, both physically and emotionally.  That and the kids were complaining they were hot from playing.  The water was FREEZING.  I didn't stay in, and Joey didn't really go in at all--just sat on the steps with his feet in.  The kids had fun...Little Guy going underwater, and Bum "swimming". 

Then we went down to the BIG playground.  This thing is amazing, especially the fact that a whole bunch of volunteers put this together in about a week.  It's like a little kid's paradise.

Here's just a sample of what it has.  After that, we made the long trek back to the car and went home.

More in part two...

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that lady was such a painin the #%$$...................hope it didnt ruin your weekend to much................Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that woman had to ruin your day.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete