Thursday, June 16, 2005

boredom, rain, and work...oh my

It's quiet here on the KKMom homefront..it's sheer boredom.  There's really nothing to do...it sucks.  It figures the one day I have off this week, and it's cold and raining outside.  It's been hot and humid for about a week here, but now that Arlene came, it's nothing like it was...it's about 65 now.  So much for summer, for now, anyway.

Work's been the same thing--hell with fluorescent lighting.  Yesterday was the worst day so far this week...it's like the customers doubled up on the stupid medication.  Either that, or all the weirdos got posession of someone's cell phone.Here's an example of what was going on last night...

ME: Thank you, what city and state?

CALLER: Do what now?

ME: I'm sorry, what city and state?

CALLER: Oh...Soandso City, State.

ME: Thanks, for what listing?

CALLER: <unintelligible garble>

ME: I'm sorry, for what listing?

CALLER: HUH?

ME: What are you looking for???

CALLER: Oh...SoAndSo.

And so it went...not knowing what the name of the restaurant was, not knowing the spelling of Grandma's last name, putting their mouth too close to the phone so it sounded like they had something in their mouth, etc.  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment though, being that I knew what I was getting into when I took the job.  I dunno. 

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, I am still here and still always reading. Just smack me later for neglecting in commenting. Past few days have been a downer so I just needed to read and enjoy things without "opening my big mouth" lol

    This is cute though! My Mom, sister and brother in law all worked for companies through the phones... they HATED it. :D

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete