Sunday, June 26, 2005

saturday six #63

Here's my answers to this week's Saturday Six...

1. Yesterday, I linked to the journal "Mall Of America," a collection of photos from shopping malls of the 1960s and 1970s.  What store do you associate most with your childhood in terms of happy memories and why?  Is the store still around?

My fondest memories of a certain store in my childhood involve Kmart...my aunt used to work there, and when I would go shopping with Mom, she would give me free Icees and popcorn.  Another thing about that store was around Easter, my aunt would dress me up in one of those frilly dresses and take me down there to see the bunny.

2. What song makes you the most emotional and why?

Lemme see..."Release Me" by Wilson Phillips.  It came out right around the same time as my sis committed suicide, and she liked that song.

3. Take the
quiz:  What year were you born under, and what year should you have been born under?

I was born under the year of the snake, but I should have been born under the year of the ox.

4. What time do you typically wake up each day?  What is the latest you're normally able to sleep?  How many hours of sleep do you get in an average night?

Typically, I wake up around 8 or 9am, since Alexis is off for the summer.   The latest I'm able to sleep is about 10 or 11am.  I get about 6 or 7 good hours of sleep on average.

5. What frightens you the most about getting older?

I dunno...I think it's getting sick and having to depend on my kids, since that's what happened to my mom.  I was food shopping and running errands when I was 14, because my mom couldn't.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #56 from
Debi:  If you found the house of your dreams, right price, then discovered that a murder or suicide had taken place in the house, would you still consider buying the house?

Yes I would.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. Boy, an aunt who worked at K-Mart, everyone should be as lucky! -Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete