Friday, June 24, 2005

summer dedication assignment

Weekend Assignment #65: Dedicate a "summer song" to someone in your life. Could be a happy song for someone you like, a "kiss-off" song for someone you don't, or a romantic song for someone you want to know better. Point is, it has to be summery, and you have to intend it for someone.

Extra Credit: Ever have a song dedicated to you? What was it?

My song would be "Saturday In The Park" by Chicago, and I would dedicate it to the people who read this.  I know it sounds corny, but all you readers are part of my life...you see into to my life everytime you visit.  Why this song?  Well, it's got a nice sound to it, and it captures what an awesome day at the park would be like.  If you've never heard it, listen and you'll understand.

I actually didn't have to think about the extra credit this week...it was a piece of cake.  Not only did I have a song dedicated to me, it was sung by the same person.  It was "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart, and it was sung by a 7-year-old boy.  I was a counselor at a day camp, and the kid was in my group.  It was the camp talent show, and he just got up there, dedicated the song to me, and sang...I was crying by the end of the song.  I was sooooo touched.

til next time...=)

6 comments:

  1. How sweet was that little boy!!!!! I'm a huge fan of  Chicago.......it's my home town! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago!  Another good one - and here I thought I had considered all the summery songs  http://journals.aol.com/pixiedustnme/Inmyopinion/entries/1127

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great song.  :)

    Ana~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww how sweet...thanx...lol
    http://journals.aol.com/dragonrose637/MyLife/entries/1450

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a young lad the very first album I owned was by Chicago. They quickly became my favorite group and still have a special place in my heart. What an awesome song selection! Dang wish I'd thought of that. And I can relate to your dedication. I LIVE for comments! To know folks out there pop in and visit.

    How cool not only to have a song dedicated to you but to be serenaded. You must have been one of those awesome counselors.

    Here is my weekend assignment. Pop on over when you get a spare moment. Thanks.

    http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/1235

    PS. I also have an entry about being a camp counselor.... here

    http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/1215

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo sweet.  I would have cried, too!  I love Saturday in The Park!  Consider it dedicated :-).  I am Krissy's sister.  You have a nice journal here! xox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

    ReplyDelete