Sunday, October 23, 2005

i think i earned my wings

This is gonna be a little long...

When I woke up this morning (around 11), I heard someone outside yelling someone else's name...and I didn't think anything of it.  So I went about my usual morning routine--make coffee, go outside, smoke cigarette and enjoy said coffee.  Girl's still out there screaming for her friend...still not paying any real attention.  An hour later, I go out to have another smoke, and she's STILL out there...and then I hear a baby too.  So I take a look out towards the front of my house, and across the street there's a girl with her little daughter sitting on the front porch of her friend's house, trying to have friend open the door for her.  Nope, that ain't happening.  And mind you, it's cold out, the girl's hopping around with a cast on her foot , and the baby's crying.  No way am I letting this happen.  I can't stand to see a little kid outside crying in the cold like that.  So I go down there with my phone...maybe if she calls her friend, she'll open the door. Maybe.

So, like I said, I went across the street to let her use my phone.  The baby was so cute...and so cold.  Her mom couldn't pick her up, because she was in the car seat, and she was having back problems...so I did.  Her "friend" didn't want her there, and this girl didn't have anywhere else to go.  So I brought her and the baby up to our house...just to get warm and so she could make some phone calls to her friends.  So I helped her carry her stuff up to our porch...poor girl was on crutches--she just had surgery on her foot.  I felt so bad for her...eventually, she got someone to take her daughter...but not her--I guess they wouldn't take her because...I dunno.  I didn't pry into this girl's private life...none of my business.  She was at my house for most of the day today...she eventually went with one of her other friends.  Almost the whole time she was here, she and I were talking about this and that...and she was crying a lot.  Mainly because she thought her baby was going to be taken away from her.  I kept reassuring her that everything was going to be ok, but I felt sooo bad...I can't imagine going through that.  When she left, I made sure she had my phone number to update me on how she's doing.  Wow, I had a fun day.

Did I mention I'm getting sick??

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. hope u feel better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel horrible.  That would be sad if the Mom and baby got separated.  I hope everything works out in that girl's life.

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you know how far your act of kindness went. She won't soon forget it, I'm sure.


    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete