Monday, October 31, 2005

the rest of the day/night/whatever

We didn't feel like cooking tonight, so we ordered Papa John's for dinner...mmmmm.  We haven't had that since before we moved here--we've been deprived.  After feeding time at the zoo, the kids got into costume, which was fairly easy...except Bum's makeup.  Wait...I didn't tell you what they were, did I??  Oops..my bad.  Bum was a pop star, and Little Guy went as Stone Cold Steve Austin.  Not bad for last minute online costume buying.  Then off we went.

As far as trick-or-treating, they made out pretty good.  We were out for about two hours, one and a half of which Little Guy was complaining.  Bum was the good one today, not whining at all.  We used their backpacks as goodie bags (my idea) and brought a big shopping bag along to unload the goodies when the backpacks got too heavy (Joey's idea).  The kids liked the idea too.  While out on our haunt (if you want to call it that), we saw some nicely decorated houses, some with no decorations at all (but their lights were on), and some scary houses.  The best one in my opinion was the one that scared the crap out of the older kids, when the mannequin on the front porch jumped up...it was a guy!  It was too damn funny.  Also during our looong walk, there was a guy handing out hot fresh popcorn too!  It was too awesome...I love the new neighborhood.

So now we're winding down...me with the puter, Joey and the kids watching WWE on tv.  I'd have to say I had a good day...even without the camera (still looking for it, though).

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had fun.  Mine did a two hour tour too.  Thanks for the awesome popcorn idea!  I know someone with a mini popper!...have to do that next year. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use to order pizza every trick or treat night, but not last night, time just got away from us! Sounds like a fun night was had!
    http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ThisMommasDrama/

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that I love Papa Johns....and you didn't even share !! :(

    Lovin the Journal....I hope I can keep up on mine !!


    - Donnie

    ReplyDelete