Wednesday, February 22, 2006

back to the grind...for now

I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm going back to work today.  Joey didn't get his interview yesterday, since the managers at the restaurant were in a meeting when he went down there.  I'll be working for about 3 days, then I'll be on vacation.  Hopefully the restaurant calls him back soon.  I don't know if I'll last another three (actually, two)weeks...the managers at my job say I'm not trying hard enough to get to work.  WTF?  How much harder can I try?  I asked if they (the managers) can help me find people to switch schedules with--the managers in Scranton would help you in any way they could--they said NO--it's your responsibility to do that, and we can't take time out of our busy schedules to help you.  Wow...makes me feel so welcome.

That is another reason I don't like that office--almost everyone is so rude and uncaring.  In Scranton, everyone was like family--helped you out when they could, and if they couldn't, referred you to someone who could.  You could talk to the managers about anything, and they would lend a sympathetic ear.  Down in WB, it's like they could care less.  You're on your own there, and as long as you show up for work, you're pretty much invisible.  Hell, if you don't show up, you're invisible too.  Case in point--me, when I didn't show up for a week, do you think they would call to see what the hell was going on?  Nope.  What would they have done had I not called two days ago?  Still had me on the payroll?  Who knows.

I'm done ranting for now.  Did I mention how much I hate my job for the time being?

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. so sorry Joey didn't get his interview and you are still stuck where you are at; it just "sucks" hope there is some change soon for you

    betty

    ReplyDelete