Monday, February 20, 2006

one more thing

Oh yeah...Happy 71st Birthday in Heaven, Dad.

Only pic I have scanned, from 20+ yrs ago.  Maybe there's a reason...

The only thing I like about my father at this point is the blond hair and blue eyes...now Home Fry has them.  Didn't give me much more...thank God.  I didn't get his vulnerability, his way of putting people down, or his ability to believe anything he heard.  He had his world pulled out from under him when he was diagnosed with cancer, and the only thing his new fiance thought about was taking everything he had--literally.  There's so much more I can say here, but I'm biting my fingers (like biting my tongue...).

A quote from him:

"I was the strongest kid in my class--my grades held everyone else up." (or at least that's how I think it went...)

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. hugs to you Annie; I didn't know my dad since he died when I was 17 months old, but I know from watching and hearing things my husband's dad did and things I didn't like about my mom, its helped me maybe learn how to be a better mom. Make sense? (my mom was wonderful; just it was hard for her to raise 3 kids on her own).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday  Annie's dad!!!     :   )

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to him

    ReplyDelete