Tuesday, February 14, 2006

if only...

...I had a car...

...I had someone to give me a ride to work...

...one more person had volunteered to be transferred...

then I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now.

I'm officially being fired from my job.  I have yet to hand in my ID and headset, but the paperwork's being processed.  I didn't go to work today, and if I did, I would be home by now anyway.  I called my team leader earlier to see if I would be wasting my time making the trip.  He couldn't say, but off the record it wouldn't be worth going down there for.  He, like another manager Sunday, said he sympathized with me, but it's my responsibility to get there.  I'm thinking, what good does their sympathy do me?  Sympathy isn't getting me to work everyday.  Sympathy isn't getting me transferred back to Scranton.  He told me that the transfer was contractual, so there was nothing they could do about it.  I told him only one person would have prevented me from being transferred. This included the ones on disability--and they were given a choice...either stay in Scranton (which is pretty much closing down next month), or be transferred.  Most of the ones who said "no" will be eventually transferred in March anyway.  If I wasn't transferred, at least that would've bought me some time.  Oh well.  I'm rambling.  I hate when I do that.

Now what?  I honestly have no idea.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. so sorry, Annie.......I hope something comes along....its not fair how this all turned out......

    hugs to you.....

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry hope everything turns out all right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey came across your link and love your entries. What kind of work where you doing? Sounds like caller center work and if thats the case then good bye to that crap ha? Anyway great journal!  I hope the best for you in getting a new job!

    ~NICOLE~

    ReplyDelete