Monday, February 20, 2006

you believe this?

For some reason, after being MIA for a week, I still have my job.  I have to report Wednesday if I still want to be employed--otherwise, they'll take me off the payroll.  Why should I go back, you ask?  Well, it looks like Cingular not only renewed their contract with us, they expanded it--needing more wireless 411 operators.  In the Scranton office.  Meaning if I can do the Wilkes-Barre office for 2 1/2 weeks (I'm on vacation next week), I can once again be back in the Scranton office come March 13th.  That's good news, I guess.

Me going back there is resting on Joey's head right now.  He's going to apply at one of the downtown restaurants tomorrow.  They are giving on-the-spot interviews, and he's feeling good about it.  So if he gets a job tomorrow, I won't be going back to Verizon.  I could collect unemployment, or get a part-time job.  Either way it's good.

I don't pray much, and I don't ask much, but I'm asking now.  Please think of us when you go to bed tonight...hope he gets a job tomorrow.  I think it would be so much better for us in the long run...

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. Annie,
    I hope that he gets the job I will keep both of you in my thoughts. Keep smiling.

    D'Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping Joey gets that job so you don't have to go back to Verizon

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete