Monday, February 27, 2006

da weekend

What a way to start my vacation--with a car and a little spending money!  Took a drive up to Dickson City, which is a little town outside of Scranton, and has LOADS of stores...some of which I hadn't seen until the other day.  Inspired by Teresa, I'll run through the list...

Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, Kohl's (new, and don't like it), Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Pier 1 (which I will never set foot in again), Toys R Us, PetSmart, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, Dress Barn, Dots, Dick's Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, Staples, Home Depot, Lowe's, Raymour & Flanigan, Sleepy's (2 of those), La-Z-Boy, Sams Club, Best Buy, Circuit City, Dollar Tree, Famous Footwear, Payless Shoes, Michael's Arts & Crafts, AC Moore, Borders, and Playtime Boutique (WOOHOO!)...all within a two-mile radius.  And that's not including the mall within this area, which has Sears, Bon-Ton, Kaufmanns, Old Navy, Express, Limited, and a bunch of other stores.  And a strip mall, which has Chuck E. Cheese, Party City, Harbor Freight Tools, Leslie's Pool, La-Z-Boy Kids, among others.

Hungry?  Let's see...Lonestar Steakhouse, Charlie Brown's Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse, Denny's, A&W/Long John Silver's, Burger King, McDonald's (2), Wendy's, Far East Buffet, Old Country Buffet, TGIFriday's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Smokey Bones BBQ, Uno Chicago Grill, Red Robin, Panera Bread, Don Pablo's, Heavenly Ham, Ruby Tuesday, Subway (in Walmart), Wegman's (they have a restaurant in there), Viewmont Diner, Sheetz, Perkins, Starbucks, Fresno's, Little Caesars (in Kmart), TCBY, and a food court in the mall.

I probably left something out, but I think that's enough to ponder for now.  And to think...they're still building there--while driving around, we saw at least two leveled pieces of land...who knows what they're putting there.

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. You live in Scranton? My husbands relatives are from Honesdale and Hawley and they love to shop when they come to NJ. I do believe that Scranton is the place to shop for them thu. Is that new show The Office all the talk up there? Did you see the episode where they all went on a cruise on Lake Wallenpaupak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the same here too, everyday seems there is a new place to spend what money I don't have, lol  
    Have a great day!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great selections of stores and restaurants! So much better than what we have in the city I live in Montana.

    Enjoy your vacation!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...I had lots of catching up to do.  Sounds like things are finally starting to go your way....I'm happy for you!  Money and shopping...a girl's favorite thing.  Now, I'm still waiting for my ship to come in but it ain't gonna be from the IRS....ugh...I think I'll probably owe this year.  HUGS  Chris

    ReplyDelete