Thursday, February 23, 2006

doing the happy dance

I don't think I'll have a problem getting to work for the few days I have left...we're getting a car tomorrow!!!  The IRS decided to be nice and send my income tax return earlier than expected...COOL.  This morning, I was watching TiVo'd AI from last night, and I got three phone calls within about 15 minutes.  The first was from the glass shop, saying the window was fixed (I took it down y'day).  Second was the new tenant, saying she was coming soon to take me up to pick up said window.  The last was Jackson Hewitt, telling me to come over and pick up my refund check.  Huh?  So soon?  Yup.  So of course, I had to finish watching Idol (some of those guys are sooo hot!), then I got my check.  After picking up the window, the rest of the morning and some of the afternoon were spent looking for a minivan to buy.  Right now we're eyeing up a nice van...it's gonna cost us most of the refund.  But we're thinking long-run here--this way he can get a job and we can get the other things we need (like a new camera...lol).  Plus, my state refund should be on its way...and the profit sharing from my job comes next month.  Yay.

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! CAN YOU SEE ME?  I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU!!! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright a refund, Gawd I hope I hear that!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete