Thursday, February 23, 2006

dodging the bullet

Yesterday was interesting, I guess.  I did go to work, expecting to be sent home within an hour of arriving.  Nope, I was wrong.  I was online for about 2 hours before I was called in for my lashing.  When my manager did pull me offline, I was expecting to get a long suspension.  Wrong again.  I'm suspended for three days.  I thought it was three weeks until I can transfer back to Scranton.  Strike three--it's only 2 weeks, and one of those I'm on vacation.  Good thing I'm not a psychic...or a weatherman.

Okay...the details.  He cut me a break.  A big one.  He didn't count all 10 of those days against me.  Hell, it was like it didn't happen.  I was supposed to get the suspension before I took that extra vacation.  Not only did I get the suspension, but it's broken up.  I'm suspended today, work tomorrow, then it's vacation time for 9 days.  Then the following week, I work Monday through Wednesday.  I'm suspended Thursday and Friday, off the weekend, then go back to Scranton on the 13th.  Confused yet?  I know I was when it was explained to me...I think the manager was getting a little discombobulated too.  In short, I have only 4 days to find a way to get to WB.  That's it.  Cool.  I think I can manage.

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!  Was he helping you out or did he just not know what he was doing? lol  Glad it turned out faily well.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in some sort of way they are trying to work with you within their limits; enjoy your time off

    betty

    ReplyDelete