Wednesday, January 4, 2006

dammit

I'm ranting today.  I'm upset, confused, and pissed off.  And I'm venting here to get it off my chest.  Deal with it.

I  have less than 2 weeks to find a job.  I know it looks like I've been just putting it off, but with my work schedule, I haven't really had the time to go to the job center.  I've been looking in the paper and online, but nothing really there within my transportation limits.  I'm going to the job center today, along with the library to print a copy of my Monster resume.  Hopefully I find something today.  I don't have much more time.  Unemployment won't work--they only give you about 1/2 of what you were making, and that's not even close to what we need, even with sacrifices.

I'm getting sick of jumping through hoops.  Tired of challenges.  Tired in general, too, since I couldn't sleep last night--I was up until about 4:30am, thinking, crying, and talking to myself.  And while I'm on the "I'm screwed" kick, my looks aren't helping me.  I know what you're going to say--it doesn't matter what you look like, it's what's inside that counts.  I know (and somewhat believe) that, but when it comes to job hunting, who are you kidding?  I've been thinking about this all morning, and there's only one phrase that keeps repeating itself--"You don't get a second chance to make a first impression."  Think about it--what's the first thing people look at when you go for an interview?  YOU.  That's what scares me...I'm so insecure about my appearance, and I think that is what everyone else is looking at too.

I'm done for now, but only because I have to take Home Fry to school.  Maybe more later.

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right, unfortunately, that you have to make a good first impression on  job interviews because you might not get a second chance. My husband is in management and does a lot of interviews; he says it makes a difference on how a person is dressed and looks like when they come in for that first interview. If they are in jeans and a tee-shirt versus a nice shirt, pants and tie (guy obviously) it makes more of an impact.

    I'm so sorry you are so stressed; it has to be so difficult.

    Keep ranting away in your journal; that's why they are here, its our thoughts, our feelings.

    I wish I had something else to offer for advice other than just hang in there. Hopefully something will open up some place where you least expect it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear that hope you find one soon good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finding the job.   It sucks that appearances do mean so much to other people.  That is totally what is wrong with our society.    Don't stress about it girl,  give a good interview and point out any qualifications you have..  and it's their loss if they pass you over.   :  )
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like 2006 is rolling off to a frustrating start, at best, for just about everyone.  I hope this is not a sign for the whole year; maybe just everything at once.  Chris

    ReplyDelete