Friday, January 13, 2006

make it stop!!

Weekend Assignment #94: What's the worst possible song to get stuck in your head? You know: the song that once you hear it you cannot drive from your skull, even with an ice pick and a centrifuge. They have a word for that kind of song: "Earworm." We want to know what you consider to be the most evil earworm possible.

Extra Credit: Is there a song you can use to drive the evil earworm out?

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a song stuck in my head.  And the worst?  The ones from the kids' TV shows on Disney, Nick, etc. every morning.  You know--the ones that are SUPPOSED to get stuck in your kids heads, so they're singing them all day.  Unfortunately, they also get stuck in my head too.  Like "This is the song that doesn't end....".  ARRRRGGGHHH!  I heard one this morning from a show called Hi-5 on Discovery Kids, and it didn't leave me until I was at work. 

Which brings me to the extra credit...when I do get sick of a song that's in my head, I start singing "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5, and before I know it, problem solved!  So there you go!

til next time...=)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean; there will be days I'll have the silliest song in my brain all day - like "Its a Small World" from Disneyland or something like that.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens, mine is usually henry the eighth I am or this is the song that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because it is the song that never ends....AHHH thanks alot.... Barbara

    ReplyDelete