Tuesday, January 17, 2006

open up now...

I went to the dentist this morning.  Fun.  Actually, it wasn't that bad.  It was the same dentist that fixed my front tooth when I broke it on a Snickers a few years back.  When I saw his name on the list of dentists that accepted my insurance, I wasn't sure it was him...the office was at a different address.  So I called, and whaddya know?  Yay!  This guy is so cool...when I broke my tooth, I looked like the toothless wonder (but not as bad as I do now), and he took me in the same day--and I wasn't a patient of his yet.  That's how good this man is...he's awesome.  He's worth hunting down.

Anyway, back to today.  I was sorta hesitant to open my mouth, since it looks so bad in there...5 teeth on top, only one being fully intact (the rest are broke off up to the gum).  He looked and said they gotta go.  All they have to do is wait for my insurance to approve the extractions and plate, and we're all set.  He'll pull them too.  SWEET.  As far as the bottom ones go, he said keep 'em, since they're in good shape (all 8 of them--the rest were pulled out).  They just had to be seriously cleaned, that's all.  That's when his assistant stepped in...she showed me what they looked like in the back...ewww.  Then she cleaned them up a little...what a difference!  I like!  I like!  Never thought I'd be saying that...lol.

So now I have to keep my job for a little while...so I can let them finish this.  I can't afford for my insurance to cancel now.  I can't wait to see what they look like when they're done.  It'll be strange at first...I mean, I haven't had nice teeth since...um...school, I think?

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. I want to see a picture when you get them all fixed! Glad you got in with a dentist who you are comfortable with.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate going to the dentist!!!! The drilling the filling!  I feel for you.  When you get your teeth fixed and become a famous model are you still going to talk to us? Barbara

    ReplyDelete