Sunday, January 15, 2006

done

I'm officially done at the Scranton office of Verizon...I can't even get in there again if I tried.  No, really--my swipe card won't even work.  I start at the Wilkes-Barre office tomorrow afternoon.  And from what I've been hearing, I'm in for a rude awakening.  It's landline 411, so that's a plus--no more dropped calls, no more people complaining about the fact that they're sitting in front of the business, but the number's not listed...that one gets me every time.

There's other reasons for wondering if I'm making the right decision, but with those reasons come some doubt.  Through the grapevine I heard someone who transferred to that office last week (the company did the transfer half last week, half this week) is now on final warning, after she accidently hung up on someone.  WOW.  The managers are mean down there, I'm thinking.  But I later heard that said co-worker also gave the manager an attitude, so that's why, I guess.  I guess I'll find out what really happened tomorrow.  I dunno.  I'll fill you in when I get more info.  Hopefully this works out, since now I'm finally starting to get my dental work done.  I need the benefits to do this, and without the job, I have none.  So hopefully, I'll get done what I need to get done by July...that's when the reunion is.  Yay.  So looking forward to that.

til next time...=)

3 comments:

  1. good luck at your new place!! You have my admiration to be able to be on the phone all day giving people numbers. I hope you hear a lot of thank you's from them. (I rarely use the 411 option, but I do always say thank you)

    let us know how it goes

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be fine.  YOu are a wonderful person and that means alot.  Just remember to take life one day at a time and everything will work out great. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it all works out for you too. Good luck at Wilkes-Barre.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete