Wednesday, January 18, 2006

two (or is it four?) words...

$300 fine.

That's what she got...the girl downstairs, that is.  Joey just got back from the magistrate all happy.  As we knew, she didn't show up.  Joey told me he had to tell the magistrate in detail what happened.  When Joey told him about the cops not really doing anything, he just shook his head in disbelief...I guess they should have cited her or something.  Bottom line, she got fined, and Joey was on his way.

You're probably wondering, why didn't I go?  Well, right now I'm supposed to be at work, but since I missed the bus (at 10am), I wouldn't have got to work in time (at 1pm).  He and the kids got a ride to his mom's house, so she could watch the kids, and he could walk to the magistrate's office, which is close.  So I made the most of it, submitting my resume to employers, cleaning the kitchen, etc. 

When cleaning the kitchen, I decided to try out this new floor vacuum we got for Christmas.  It sucks...wait, that's what it's supposed to do, but doesn't.  It says it sweeps, mops, and sucks up the water...I just kept finding dirty water streaks on the floor.  When Joey got home, he wasn't happy I used it--they were taking it back to the store to return it, since the damn thing wouldn't stand up in the first place.  But now we've got another reason to take it back...it just doesn't work.

til next time...=)

1 comment:

  1. seems like it went well in court. don't you hate when an appliance doesn't do what it is supposed to do?

    betty

    ReplyDelete