Sunday, January 8, 2006

will she ever learn?

Work sucked yesterday...nothing out of the ordinary, just boring and annoying.  When I came home, and Joey was asking me why I was home so late.  He thought I started sooner, but I told him that I had to leave sooner so I could catch the bus...he understood.  Then Bum came in the kitchen, and had her hair on the side of her face.  She said, "Wanna see my face?"  I had no idea what she was talking about.  She moved her hair, and there's this HUGE scratch going from above her eye, along the side of her face, and back towards her ear.  I was like, WHAT THE HELL?  Joey told me the dog got her...again.  This time Princess scratched her.  Bad. 

(A couple side notes here: Bum likes to annoy the dog, cat, anyone she can annoy on a regular basis.  We told her not to do that to the dog after the last time, but as always, she didn't listen.  Also, Joey told me later that the dog was sleeping on my bed, and Bum went over and started getting in the dog's face, growling at her, etc.  Then he heard the dog yelp, then growl, then Bum screaming.  And that was it.) 

Joey had no way of taking her to the hospital, so he called an ambulance.  With that came a cop, since it was an animal attack.  Long story short, she's doing fine, Grandpa (and Home Fry, who wasn't home at the time) yelled at Joey (telling him "I knew you should've got rid of the dog"), and we might get a citation for not having the dog's shots up to date.  We have three days (I think) to get them updated, but with no car, how the hell's that going to happen?  Why can't vets do house calls, just this once?  I guess that's just wishful thinking, I guess.  I dunno.  Something else to deal with.  Damn.

til next time...=)

4 comments:

  1. Be careful because now a days the hospital will call CPS child protective service over animal bites and scratches.  Sit Bum down and explain this to her some how because I know you are a super mom and I would hate for you to have to deal with that.  Hope her face is okay. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hope Bum learns the lesson this time.  Teasing a dog like that can be do dangerous!  It can also make the dog dislike and distrust other children, so if you ever have a small child visiting the dog could snap or attack even without being provoked!  Take care!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Bum.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, Annie.  This is a hard one because it really might be your dog's temperment.  Our first dog was like that.  We finally did have to get rid of her.  It broke my heart but she went after me.  My son loves to annoy Grizzly occasionally and Grizzly will just sort of  semi-growl without showing any teeth.  And you know how Pa. is....if you don't have a new license each year, it's a $300 fine.  LOL...I still have to get Grizzly his tag.  Good luck with all this.  You are a great mom and know what the right decision is.   Chris

    ReplyDelete